New Yorkers Walk to Raise Awareness About Hearing Loss
1,500 walkers join the Hearing Loss Association of America’s 6th annual NYC Walk4Hearing to raise awareness about hearing loss, and funds for advocacy and critical programs and services to support people of all ages—from babies to seniors—affected by hearing loss. Teams of walkers and individuals will make the 5K route through Riverside Park. The event features children’s activities, refreshments, giveaways, free hearing screenings, prizes, state-of-the-art hearing technology, including captioned Walk announcements delivered via smartphones.
- Best friends and second-graders Samantha & Alexa, who bonded over their hearing loss as preschoolers, raised funds with a lemonade stand and will walk as Groovy Girls.
- Mother and Daughter duo Suzanne & 11-year-old Anna Bella will walk with Anna Bella’s Hot Chili Steppers.
- Anne Pope, who created the Walk4Hearing and works on many projects that improve life for people with hearing loss, heads up Pope Gang of family and friends.
- Three-year-old Lily, who was born with a profound hearing loss and completed her first walk in a carrier on her Dad’s back, will step up and lead her own Team Lily.
- M.J. Diaz, a nine-year-old with bilateral profound hearing loss and a sports & math fan, is walking with Let’s Hear It for M.J.
For further information click here
Event Category: Health
When: September 29, 2013
Where: Riverside Park