How to look professional, cool and comfortable at the office
Along with your promise for healthy eating at the start of each new year, you vow to stop being lazy in the morning and lose the jeans-and-T-shirt getup for something a bit more age-appropriate. Well this is the year you actually follow through. We’re helping you keep this resolution by rounding up some professional — yet cool — staples for the work place. Because the first step is dressing like the boss — and the next is moving into his office.
Pile on the accessories: Chunky bracelets, cute chains and rings galore can add edge and a bit of personality to a boring corporate suit.
1. Stephan & Co. metal bangle seven-pack, $38, www.madewell.com
2. La Mer black and gold Pyramid Wrap Watch, $110, www.lamercollections.com
Swap jeans for pants: Even if you tuck in an old T-shirt with these, you’ll look presentable.
3. Jenni Kayne Pleated pants, $270, www.shopbop.com
Pantone did declare “Tangerine Tango” as the color of the year.
4. H&M orange pants, $50, www.handm.com
Dresses aren’t just for nights out: Get double duty out of your fancy numbers by dressing them down with flats or boots and a cardigan for work.
5. Zara dress with elasticated waist, $60, www.zara.com
Step up the footwear: Rule number one about braving heels:?It’s perfectly respectable to wear flats and change at your desk. And remember — platform heels are a comfier option.
6. SHOWCASE2 Double Platforms, $124, www.topshop.com
If you’re still not convinced, at least get some interesting flats.
7. Manney Camel Spot slippers, $60, www.topshop.com