Make this gluten-free cake for your Valentine now
Gluten-free treats often get a bad wrap, it’s why chef Lena Kwak, co-founded Cup4Cup, the line of gluten-free, great-tasting flour with award-winning Chef Thomas Keller, that even Martha Stewart swears by. Follow her recipe for this delicious — and adorable — chocolate lave cake, sure to melt your sweetie’s heart.
Chocolate Lava Cakes
Yield: 8-12 servings
1 pouch Cup4Cup Chocolate Brownie Mix
3 large eggs
3 large yolks
½ cup butter, melted or coconut oil
¼ cup boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Whisk to incorporate well.
2. Spray 8-12 4-oz. ramekins with non-stick pan spray. Scoop batter into the ramekins about 2/3 of the way up.
3. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 8-10 minutes, just until the outside of the cakes are set but the center is still gooey.
4. Remove from the oven. Working quickly, carefully loosen the sides of the cake from the ramekin with a small spatula. Invert the ramekins upside down onto a plate(s). Tap the bottom and shake it lightly to release the cake from the ramekin.
5. Sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
We recommend using butter to get the best flavor and texture. Coconut oil is an acceptable substitute. We do not recommend substituting canola oil for the butter.