What will Mayor Michael Bloomberg discuss in the State of the City?
Mayor Michael Bloomberg will deliver his last State of the City address tomorrow.
Deputy Mayor Howard Wolfson provided a possible preview today, sending out a list of mostly positive accomplishments in the administration.
Among things the mayor may highlight:
- Incarceration rates have gone down by 32 percent.
- The life expectancy in New York is two years longer than the national average.
- Nearly 600 new schools have been created.
- Bloomberg promises 160,000 new affordable housing units by the end of this year.
- About 76 percent of New Yorkers live within 10 minutes of a park or playground.
- Booming tourism as a record 52 million tourists visited the city in 2012.
- Teen pregnancy is on the decline.