Boston firefighter won’t be charged for alleged threats
A Boston firefighter who allegedly made threats against the department will not face criminal charges.
According to the Boston Herald, a West Roxbury District Court magistrate ruled Monday that there wasn’t probable cause to charge 53-year-old Kenny Veiga.A fire captain said that during a phone call last month, Veiga threatened to make a deadly crime spree by a former Los Angeles police officer look like “child’s play.”
Christopher Dorner killed four people in February before dying during a standoff with southern California law enforcement.
Veiga’s lawyer Dianna L. Abdala, told the Herald her client never mentioned Dorner.
Veiga was reportedly upset that a department doctor had cleared him to resume work after a colleague’s suicide attempt, before Veiga had a chance to consult his own doctor.
The 24 year veteran of the Boston Fire Department is still on administrative leave, and it’s unknown when he’ll be back on the job.
Follow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBos