Twitter abuzz in midst of Libyan firefights
As Libyan rebel forces gained ground over the weekend, internet services flickered on and off in the country. People inside Libya continued to tweet when they could, sharing their thoughts and experiences during this historic time.
Here are ten tweets from inside Libya and others around the world as the reign of Muammar Gaddafi came to an end.
– @BintLibya: Seriously where does Mohammed #Gaddafi think he’s going to go?
– @mchancecnn: Very dark, very quiet at the #Rixos some gunshots cracking outside. We raided the hotel larder and got tons of cheese!
– @OnlyOneLibya: I hope the Libyan ppl will realize this is about Libya not Gaddafi. He has fallen,we now need to start difficult process of healing+building
– @wheelertweets: 23 yr old Misrata FF next to me at Ramadan breakfast last night at a Tunis hospital said he was studying botany. Said Gaddafi hates plants.
– @LibyanMadDog: I spoke to my family In #tripoli and we were all in tears of happiness. This is the happiest day of my life
– @Tripoli_latest: Prisoners in #Tripoli are being released by prison guards who are asking for giveness, and being told to run #MermaidDawn