Hot holiday toys
Eyana Carballo guides Metro through gifts for babies and young children for the holiday season. Whether you’ve been a parent for years or are new to the toy-shopping game, let Carballo of the new baby boutique Stork in Crown Heights help you find just the right holiday gift.
1. Manhattan Toy’s Whoozit, $16. Carballo recommends the eye-catching line of plush toys by Whoozit because they can be attached to a stroller keeping your baby or toddler occupied — and the toys off the ground.
2. Kickboard USA Scooters, $85-$135. Carballo points to scooters as being a huge seller this year. Two of her biggest sellers are the Mini Kick Scooter for kids as young as 3 and the Maxi Kick Scooter which is designed for kids older than 5, both by Kickboard USA. They’re fun — but parents love them because they help with balance, coordination and motor skills.
3. Baby beads by Manhattan Toy, $16. These brightly-painted, wooden baby beads help develop fine motor skills, Carballo says.
4. Draw and Splash Markers by Manhattan Toy, $13. Kids can draw all over your tub during bath time and you can wash it away once they’re squeaky clean.
5. Polka Dot What baby leggings, $17. Carballo says these designer two-tone leggings are a very popular baby shower gift option.
6. Piggy Paint’s nontoxic nail polishes and remover, $10 each. These nail polishes are odorless and eco-friendly and sure to delight any young Brooklyn Diva who finds them in her stocking on Christmas morning.
7. The classics, $10. Carballo recommends classics such as slinkies, pickup sticks and yo-yos (all made by Ridley, $10 each) as a sure-bet gift.