Frankford worker splashed with acid
A man working in Frankford on Comly Street near the Delaware River was reported injured this morning after an incident involving a release of chemicals.
A worker was hurt by nitric acid when the chemical leaked from a loose tube atop a 55-gallon drum he was moving, according to the Philadelphia Fire Department.
The victim was splashed in the face. He was brought to Frankford Hospital; his condition has not yet been reported.
Firefighters and a hazardous materials team responded to the site. The situation was reportedly brought under control by 7 a.m. and no other injuries were reported.
No other injuries were reported.