West Roxbury son pleads not guilty to father’s murder
A 33-year-old West Roxbury man pleaded not guilty to fatally shooting his father last week in the home they shared.
Mark Regan pleaded not guilty during his arraignment at West Roxbury Municipal Court Monday and was ordered held without bail, according to the Suffolk district attorney’s office.
He allegedly shot his 66-year-old father Mark Thomas Regan. Police were called to the family’s home on Perham Street at about 8:30 a.m. Friday to perform a well-being check. It was then that officers found Regan dead.
Prosecutors said officers also found the younger Regan hiding in the home’s attic where a handgun was located.
What’s more, coworkers of the older Regan visited the home on Wednesday after they became concerned about his absence from work and were allegedly told by his son that he was out with friends, authorities said.
Regan is already on probation after a more than two year sentence for assault with a dangerous weapon and illegal gun possession.
Follow Michael Naughton on Twitter @metrobosmike.