A Worcester man charged in an hourlong crime spree Tuesday that included rape, carjacking and armed robbery is being held without bail.
Antonio Damon, 35, was arraigned in Worcester Central District Court Wednesday afternoon. He is due back in court Aug. 22 for a detention hearing.
Police first responded to a reported rape around 5:17 p.m. Tuesday on Worcester’s Main Street, where a 27-year-old woman said that a man entered her office and raped her at knifepoint.
Minutes later, around 5:30 p.m., another officer on patrol was stopped by a man who reported that his 21-year-old girlfriend was carjacked after leaving work on Main Street. The male suspect forced the woman to drive off with him in the car, police said.
A driver then reported being involved in a hit-and-run with the same type of vehicle that had been carjacked.
Officers discovered the empty vehicle parked at a North Ashland home and say that the woman had jumped out of the car after the male suspect sexually assaulted her.
Soon after, dispatchers received a report of an armed robbery in progress at a business around the corner from where the abandoned car was found. Damon was found at that location after a 38-year-old man ran from the building, yelling to officers that the suspect was inside, police said.
Damon was charged with two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, aggravated rape, strangulation, armed robbery, kidnapping, carjacking, indecent assault and battery on a person over the age of 14, breaking and entering into a building in the daytime, placing a person in fear, two counts of armed robbery and assault with the intent to rape.
The female victims were taken to area hospitals with nonlife-threatening inuries.