Is Hannah your "Girl"? Take this quiz and find out.
Gear up for season three of “Girls” by getting to know Hannah, Jessa, Marnie and Shoshanna’s favorite haunts. The writers behind “The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook” have just released “The Unofficial Girls Guide To New York,” exploring the hot spots the characters hit up on the show. Even if you don’t live in New York and are just a fan of the show, you’ll enjoy getting the inside scoop on those Bushwick warehouse parties and the gallery scene Marni loves. Wondering which Girl you gel with the most? Take this quiz, based on info from the book.
1. You wake up with a killer hangover. For a cure you: a. Head to Café Grumpy ASAP. b. Make yourself a bloody mary. c. Go for a run and take a long shower. d. Buy a bagel and spend the day watching “Sex and the City” reruns.
2. What is your go-to breakup food? a. Peanut butter straight from the jar, preferably Peanut Butter & Co. cinnamon raisin swirl. b. Something meaty, creamy and delicious. c. Who needs food? All you need is wine. Lots of wine. d. Cupcakes. At first you insist they are from Little Cupcake Bakeshop, but after the fifth one, you don’t care anymore.
3. How would you describe your neighborhood? a. Rundown, but at least there’s a bar with $2 PBRs. b. Full of pretentious yuppies. c. Every apartment looks perfect, but you suspect it’s just a façade. d. You never tire of the quiet streets and prewar buildings.
4. The parentals are in town. Where do you take them? a. Serendipity for ice cream so you can all pretend you're still sweet and innocent. b. Out for barbeque. Your parents aren’t into the whole fancy city restaurant thing. c. Lunch somewhere nice with outside seating, which makes for an easy escape. d. The best restaurant you can think of. It’s not like you’re paying.
5. What is your favorite way to spend a day off? a. Writing at your favorite café, then cooking homemade pad Thai. b. Vintage shopping at Beacon’s Closet. c. Window shopping for things you can’t afford while wondering what you’re doing with your life. d. Reading Cosmo while watching reality TV.
Mostly As: Hannah She may be misunderstood to virtually everyone else, but you and Hannah just get each other. “The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York” has plenty of recipes that will nourish your body and soul. Melty cheese pretzel, anyone?
Mostly Bs: Jessa You’re young, wild and free, just like Jessa. “The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York” has the perfect Ben & Jerry’s White Russian recipe for you to make when you invite your fellow rule-breaking friends over to your bohemian home.
Mostly Cs: Marni Like Marni, you know that when life gives you lemons, it’s OK to wallow in the bitterness for a while. Ditch the duds who bring you down and follow the advice in “The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York,” hitting up places soaked with culture… and single people with money.
Mostly Ds: Shoshanna Shosh is your “girl.” Sometimes, people underestimate how adventurous you are and next year, you’re setting out to prove them wrong. Use “The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York” to learn the ins and outs of warehouse parties. That way you won’t end up naked and on drugs… again.