A classic Survivor episode, we were treated to a separate reward challenge right out of the gate, and though the contestants were playing for chickens, it was the viewers who got rewarded.
If you didn't see the episode, look for some GIF's. You won't regret it. While blindfolded and instructed by a team leader, players from all three tribes repeatedly walked into wooden planks. (Not on purpose, they were navigating a course to retrieve items.) And most of the time, as Jeremiah and Spencer can attest, they got nailed in the crotch.
Once again, J'Tia cost the "Brains" tribe a challenge victory as "Beauty" won the chickens, and "Brawn" came from behind to win the eggs.
Back at the Beauty camp, Jeremiah, a model by trade, stepped up to kill the rooster they had just won. They then proceeded to de-feather the animal to have a delicious feast.
With things going well, events at the Brawn camp created unnecessary drama.Worried that former NBA star Cliff Robinson was a threat, and convinced that since he was already a millionaire he wasn't worthy of first place, members of Brawn plotted his demise.
Trish, Sarah and Tony decided to throw the immunity challenge and eliminate Cliff, but Woo was unsure how he felt about the proposition.
When the challenge came, it was as if the heavens conspired to give Cliff a free pass. The NBA All-Star was tasked with throwing balls into a net, exactly what he did for 18 years professionally.
Though the Brawn tribe got to a slow start and Jeremiah led Beauty to the first immunity statue, as soon as Cliff had all the balls together, he easily caught up with Spencer and the Brains, slowed down considerably by J'Tia for the second straight challenge.
Headed to see Jeff Probst for the third time in four weeks, the Brains were faced with a decision.
It became clear as the tribe deliberated next to the fire that they could vote in one of two ways. They could keep together their female alliance and get rid of the only source of strength, Spencer, or they could keep Spencer and vote out the weakest link.
Thankfully for the tribe, and for Survivor fans everywhere, the Brains finally used their brains and got rid of J'Tia.
Lots of movement in this week's rankings, here is how we stack up with a merge coming next week:
Survivor Power Rankings, Week 4
- Jeremiah: He killed the chicken —how very masculine. He dominated in the immunity challenge. And he is a pretty boy. For now, that's enough to get him the top spot. (Last week: 5)
- Cliff: He lucked into the most tailor-made immunity challenge in Survivor history. And he avoided a premature exit. He is a social and a physical threat. (Last week: 6)
- Spencer: His tribe did the right thing and kept him around, but he certainly earned it. He is the only good thing in the Brain camp. (Last week: 4)
- Tony: He didn't do too much other than his unsuccessful attempt to make a move to get rid of his biggest threat Cliff. But he gets points for trying, and he has the idol. (Last week: 1)
- L.J.: Another idol-holder, L.J. is a leader on the strongest tribe. This keeps him in the top five, for now. (Last week: 3)
- Tasha and Cass: They share the No. 6 spot because they had the presence of mind to get rid of J'Tia. Thank goodness they did. (Last week: Tasha 2, Cass unranked)
Follow Metro Philadelphia sports editor Evan Macy on twitter @Evan_Macy