It’s official, Balenciaga and Alexander Wang are splitting up reports Women’s Wear Daily. The fashion house released the following statement:

“Balenciaga and Alexander Wang today announce their joint decision not to renew their contract beyond its initial term.”

And unlike the nasty split between the fashion house and previous creative director, Nicolas Ghesquière, both sides are playing nice.

“It’s been an incredible experience to work with a couture house in Paris. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work for this historical maison," said Wang.

Last year the designer spoke to us about having an active lifestyle and constantly being on the go. It seems like he wants to slow things down.

“I am looking forward to taking my own brand to its next level of growth,” he added in the release. 

Balenciaga said of the designer in the statement: “Since 2012, Alexander Wang has stood at the creative helm of the maison and has been instrumental in the pursuit of its development. With his proven talent and his irreverent, modern vision of design, Alexander Wang has brought a new impetus to the brand.”

Wang’s final collection for the brand will be the spring 2016 Balenciaga show on Oct. 2, during Paris Fashion Week.

Time to play guessing game about who the new designer will be.