The cool September breeze coming through your window and blowing your sheer curtains around is a reminder that it’s time to officially put away the candy-colored pillows and light bedspread. Prep your place for the cooler temps ahead with these autumn-approved furnishings.
1. Wooly rugs make walking around barefoot so much more comfy. JC Penney Agra Plaid washable cotton rug, $15, www.jcpenney.com (above) ; West Elm Bello shag wool rug, $104-$699, www.westelm.com
2.Swap out bright, sunny pillows for some plush jewel-toned ones to match your permanent glass of cabernet. H&M pillow, $12.95, www.hm.com
3. No fireplace? Candles add a warm glow to any room. And Diptyque’s new Noisetier boasts a woody autumn scent. $60, www.diptyqueparis.com
4. We know that you plan to do a lot of reading (and hosting) in the cold months. Ikea Strandon wing chair, $279, www.ikea.com
5. Another way to bring fall into your home is with metallic hues. Crate and Barrel Cleo table lamp, $255.20, www.crateandbarrel.com
6. You’ll be spending many a night on the couch. A textured throw will be your snuggle buddy. BoConcept mixed striped throw, $59, www.boconcept.com