We don't like it any more than you do, but it's time for spring cleaning. Expert cleaner Laura Dellutri, author of "White Couch, With Kids?!" and "Speed Cleaning 101," shares a few tricks for easy and efficient cleaning.
3 quick cleans
Have 10 minutes? Dellutri recommends knocking out these tasks.
1. Disinfect your light switches.
2. Place disposable liners in your fridge to make clean-up quicker.
3. Rub lemon oil on your shower doors to prevent soap scum build-up.
The dirt on dust mites
Here's the thing about dust mites: They're living in your bedding, partying in your pillows and snuggled deep in your mattress. Most of us hear a report about the little buggers once a year and promptly try to forget it. If you're more ambitious, here's Dellutri's mite-free prescription:
1. Wash all of your bedding.
2. Buy a mattress cover designed to keep out dust mites — then tape over the zipper so they can't pry their way in.
3. If you aren't replacing your pillows after reading the above, put them in plastic bags and place them in the freezer. Mercifully, dust mites die in the cold.