Strawberries are over. Now it's time for peaches to reign over the farmers market and your daily fruit plate. QVC’s resident foodie David Venable shows us an easy and delicious way to enjoy the sweet golden fruit.
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream
David’s insider tip: “Peaches are a natural for the grill because high, intense heat brings out the juiciness of the fruit while intensifying its sweetness. Use skewers or a grill pan to prevent fruit from falling through your grill grates. If you choose skewers, use two, to keep fruit from spinning off the ends. Always soak wooden skewers for 15-20 minutes to prevent them from burning.”
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
Few drops of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
4 ripe peaches, washed, halved, pits removed
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to medium.
2. Mix the brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and salt in a small bowl until well incorporated.
3. Lay the peaches skin-side up on the grill. Grill over direct heat until they begin to soften, approximately 6-10 minutes, depending on the size of the peach. Do not close the grill lid.
4. Flip the peaches, so the skin side is now down. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over each peach. Continue grilling for an additional 6-10 minutes. When the juice begins to bubble around the edges of the skin, the peaches are done.
5. Place the peaches in serving bowls and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.