Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

50 evacuated from Waltham church due to carbon monoxide leak

Seventeen Sunday school students were sent to the hospital today and dozens more evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in a Waltham church.

carbon monoxide alarmSeventeen Sunday school students were sent to the hospital today and dozens more evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide, which is toxic to humans, were detected in a Waltham church.

According to a report by CBS Boston, students were attending catechism inside St. Mary's Church after a boiler in a nearby building began leaking. The students complained of nausea and dizziness, and were taken to the hospital as a precaution, according to the report.

The remaining students were sent home.

RelatedArticles

Follow Morgan Rousseau on Twitter: @MetroMorgan
Follow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBOS

 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles