Three Brooklyn women were rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning after a carbon monoxide leak made them ill.Credit: Alvaro Millan/Flickr
Three Brooklyn women were rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning after a carbon monoxide leak made them ill.
Fire officials said that they evacuated three residents from 299 Arlington Ave. at around 4:55 a.m.
The women — reportedly aged 80, 49 and 21 — were driven from their Cypress Hills home to Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx in serious but stable condition.
CBS News reported that they were taken 18 miles north to the hospital's hyperbaric chamber — commonly used for oxygen therapy in carbon monoxide poisonings.
Officials were unable to immediately determine the cause of the leak.
Follow Chester Jesus Soria on Twitter @chestersoria