Two CNN producers were arrested Tuesday after they tried to break into the World Trade Center site to report on recent security lapses, police said.
The journalists, identified as 35-year-old Yon Pomrenze and 26-year-old Connor Fieldman Boals, made multiple attempts to enter the site on Tuesday afternoon.
One of the men held a video camera while the other had a camera strapped to his head.
After an unsuccessful attempt to talk their way into the site, Boals tried to climb over a fence. When that didn't work, the men tried to force their way in through an electronic gate about a block away when police arrested them.
Pomrenze and Boals were arrested on charges of criminal trespass, obstruction of governmental administration and disorderly conduct, according to police.
Last week, a 16-year-old boy from New Jersey was arrested after he allegedly snuck past security and made his way to the top of the tower. Authorities said the teen accessed the site via a hole in an exterior fence and he spent nearly two hours at the top of the building.
A CNN spokeswoman said the men were asked to report on the recent incidents, but they "were not asked to sneak onto the WTC site."