As three local chefs brainstormed a game plan for Lincoln Financial Field's expanded menu, they assumed their greatest foe was beer.
Peter McAndrews, head chef and owner of several local italian bistro's including Paesano’s, Modo Mio and Monsu, cooked up a beef brisket bathed in horseradish mayo, roasted tomatoes and sharp provolone. And topped it off with a fried egg.
"A 12 o'clock game is close to breakfast," said McAndrews. "That's going to save your life from a hangover I think. Have a Paesano, have a couple six packs of beer and you'll be fine."
The Philadelphia Eagles announced this afternoon partnerships with local restauranteurs, including Andrews, who will add some Philly-centric cuisine to The Linc's game-day menu. Marc Vetri and Jose Garces also unveiled their signature dishes, which will be available this season.
Garces, an Iron Chef champion who owns and operates five restaurants in the city including mexican-themed Amada in Old City and Distrito in University City, considered which foods compliment the sport.
For the football nut who squeezes past 10 fans to find their seat, and who watches the action in tight spaces, he said its best to offer handheld dishes.
"So of our whole repertoire, the taco is really the best," he said.
Garces wanted to add some spicy ingredients, so he used chipolte chicken for the tacos, and added roasted jalapenos to the homemade guacamole.
"This food is a little lighter," he said, "It fills you up, but still leaves a lot of room for beer."
- Mortadella Hot Dog with spicy pickles and cabbage relish.
- North Philly Sausage Cheesesteak on a pretzel roll.
- Veggie Burger with lettuce, tomato, red onion and cheddar.
Chef Jose Garces:
- Tacos de Pollo with chicken ropa vieja, queso fresco and crema.
- Carnitas Tacos with pineapple jicama salsa, black beans and shaved radishes.
- Homemade guacamole, salsa and chips.
Chef Peter McAndrews:
- Paesano's Brisket Sandwhich includes a beef brisket, horseradish mayo, roasted tomatoes, pepperoncino, sharp provolone and fried egg.
- Tuscan Tony Hot Dog includes sopressata wrapped all-beef dog with bolognese, sharp provolone and Italian long hots.
- Meatloaf Parmesan includes crispy Italian-style meatloaf, red sauce, fresh mozzarella and sharp provolone.