A five-alarm fire tore through a Hamilton Heights apartment building Monday evening, leaving at least one civilian and 19 firefighters injured.
The fire erupted at 520 W. 139th St. about 3:45 p.m. and ripped through the top floor and cockloft of the seven-story building, according to the FDNY.
Officials confirmed on Tuesday morning that an overloaded electrical outlet caused the fire, The New York Post reports.
The injured firefighters were all treated for smoke inhalation, and the civilian was treated at the scene for minor injuries, according to the Post.
Approximately 200 firefighters had reported to the scene to help battle the blaze.
Red Cross workers were helping displaced residents find shelter on Monday night.