Four people are due in court Tuesday for allegedly beating three Red Line passengers. Photo: TPD
Three men and a woman are due in Boston District Court Tuesday to face various assault charges for allegedly beating three MBTA passengers on a Red Line train last week.
Transit Police said Michael Davis, 36 of South Boston, Patrick Joyce, 24 of Dorchester, Kevin McCarthy, 21 of South Boston and Kristine Mullen, 20 of South Boston turned themselves in at police headquarters.
The fight broke out around 9 p.m. on March 9 as the train neared Broadway T Station in South Boston, police said, following a verbal dispute.
Three passengers in total were assaulted – one man and two women. The argument prompted the suspects to attack the original victim, causing the women to intervene. They too were assaulted, police said.
The women had no prior relationship to the first victim, police said, and attempted to ask the men to stop the beating when the suspects turned on them.
In the hope of identifying the assailants, Transit Police last week released video of the incident.