The Department of Transportation and NYPD said there may be residual delays near all of the street closures on October 1o through October 13, Columbus Day. Several areas around the city will host parades and festivals for Columbus Day festivities. Plan accordingly.
Saturday, October 11
SecondAvenue between East 56th Street and East 43rd Street in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the Nigeria Independence Day Festival. Expect street closures and delays in that area.
Broadway between 110th Street and 116th Street in Manhattan will be closed fromNoon to 5 p.m. for the 22nd Annual Upper Broadway Fall Festival. Expect delays and street closures beginning as early as 10 a.m.
EighteenthAvenue between 60th Street and 84th Street in Brooklyn will be closed from Noon to 5 p.m.for the FIAO Brooklyn Columbus Parade. Expect street closures in that area.
Sunday, October 12
Broadway between West 46th Street and West 54th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for the CBGB Music Festival.
FifthAvenue between East 44th Street and East 67th Street in Manhattan will be closed from Noon to 5 p.m.for the Hispanic Columbus Day Parade. Expect street closures and delays atWest 44th Street between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue and5th Avenue between East 67th Street and East 69th Street.
The Bronx Columbus Day Parade will be Sunday from Noon to 3:30 pm. Expect street closures and delays in the following areas:
- Morris Park Avenue between White Plains Road and Williamsbridge Road
- Morris Park Avenue between White Plains Road and East 180th Street
- Williamsbridge Road between White Plains Road and Rhinelander Avenue
Several streets will be closed for the Staten Island Half Marathon. There will be delays and/or delays in the following areas:
- Richmond County Ballpark Service Road between Wall Street and Bank Street
- Bank Street between Richmond County Ballpark Service Road and Jersey Street
- Jersey Street between Bank Street and Richmond Terrace
- Richmond Terrace between Jersey Street and Bay Street
- Bay Street between Richmond Terrace and School Road
- School Road between Bay Street and Lily Pond Avenue
- Lily Pond Avenue between School Road and Father Capodanno Boulevard
- Father Capodanno Boulevard between Lily Pond Avenue and Graham Boulevard
- Ferry Terminal Drive between Richmond Terrace and Bank Street
For information about the race, including detailed information about closures, visitwww.nyrr.org/races-and-events/2014/staten-island-half.
Monday October 13, Columbus Day
FifthAvenue between East 47th Street and East 72nd Street in Manhattan will be closed on Monday from 11 a.m to 5 p.m. for the city's Columbus Day Parade. Expect street closures and delays before and after the parade in and around the area.
The Bowling Green Association Street Festival will be held this Monday from Noon to 6 p.m. Expect street closures and delays in the following areas:
- Whitehall Street between Stone Street and Water Street
- Broadway between Morris Street and Stone Street
- Broadway between Liberty Street and Battery Place