A 19-year-old after school worker was taken into custody on Thursday for allegedly playing a role in the kidnapping of a 5-year-0ld girl who was abducted from Bryant Elementary School last month. Three other people who reportedly live in the same home were released after being questioned, but investigators said more arrests are likely in the case.
Christina Regusters, 19, was arraigned on Friday afternoon and her bail set at $4 million. She is next due in court on March 6 for a preliminary hearing.
Regusters is charged with a slew of offenses, including assault, kidnapping for ransom, rape, conspiracy, unlawful contact with a minor, unlawful restraint custodial interference, corruption of minors, concealing whereabouts, possession of an instrument of crime, reckless endangerment and false imprisonment.
Police said she played a role in the kidnapping of a 5-year-old girl, who was on Jan. 14 taken from class at Bryant Elementary and found early the next morning, partially-clothed and freezing in an Upper Darby field.
The school's surveillance camera showed footage of a woman whose face was concealed by Muslim dress leading the child out of the school. It is unknown whether Regusters is suspected to be that woman, but investigators did say she worked at an after school program at Bryant.
Investigators are still working with the young victim to hone in on all of those responsible for her alleged abduction. Officials with the Special Victims Unit previously said at least three people are suspected to be involved in the crime.
Police said the investigation remains active and is still ongoing.