Philadelphia Police have released the identities of the nine arrested at Occupy Philly's Comcast Center sit-in yesterday.
The members were taken into custody when they sat on the floor of the Comcast Center lobby and refused to leave when asked.
Yesterday's march was to show solidarity with Occupy Oakland and to encourage citizens to strike from their jobs for 99 minutes. It also stopped outside of the Bank of America and Senator Pat Toomey's office and ultimately ended at the Comcast Center, which was targeted because the large corporation receives various tax breaks.
Those arrested were:
– Diana Mohney, 66, of the 5500 block of Morris Street
– Gwendolyn Snyder, 26, of the 200 block of South 49th Street
– Joseph Poiesz, 20, of the unit block of Lynwood Street Drive in Chalfont
– Michael Blas, 27, of the unit block of Laurel Lane in East Stroudesburg
– Shawn McMonigle, 26, of the 2400 block of E. Firth Street
– Markus Schlotterbeck, 23, of the 1200 block of South 51st Street
– Solomon Sofolawe, 25, of the 2400 block of East Firth Street
– Jeffery Rousset, 26, of the 4800 block of Hazel Avenue
– Dustin Hinz, 24, of the 300 block of North 40th Street