Barrows Elementary School in Reading has been evacuated. Credit: ReadingEF.org
Late his morning Barrows Elementary School in Reading was evacuated after carbon monoxide detectors went off within the building.
Students and staff were led by police to Austin Preparatory School about a mile away, The Boston Globe reported.
Parents were notified by a reverse 911 call. No injuries have been reported.
The town of reading is about 13 miles north of Boston.
Follow Morgan Rousseau on Twitter: @MetroMorganFollow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBOS