A gas leak in Richmond Hill Queens has evacuated several buildings and interupted A train service in the area, reports said.
The leak was reported around 7:45 a.m. from a Con Edsion vault at a building on Liberty Avenue near Lefferts Boulevard, the FDNY said.
Due to FDNY activity at Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd, there is no A Subway train service between Rockaway Blvd and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd in both directions.
According to ABC7, buildings on the south side of the street from 118-02 to 118-20 have been evacuated for a total of nine buildings, and Liberty Avenue is closed from 118th Street to Lefferts Boulevard. Con Ed may need to shut off power in the area as they work to fix the leak.
- A train service was also being affected by the incident, according to the MTA:
- There is no A train service between Rockaway Blvd and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd in both directions.
- As an alternative customers may use Q112 local bus service which is detoured to 103 Av , between 111 St and 124 St.
- Shuttle bus service is also available between Rockaway Blvd and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd.
- Allow additional travel time.