New York City health officials reported two new cases of Legionnaires' Disease, although neither patient is thought to have been exposed to the South Bronx outbreak.

NBC New York reported both patients are being currently being treated at New York-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, and that neither case appears to be related to the outbreak.

RELATED: City declares Legionnaires' Disease outbreak officially over

Health officials warned last week that the city expected individual cases of Legionnaires' Disease to continue, but that the South Bronx outbreak that killed 12 was contained and over as of Aug. 20.

Health Commissioner Dr. Mary Bassett told reporters that day that the city expected to see more Legionnaires' Disease cases, usually reporting between 200 to 300 across the city a year.

RELATED: Officials say Bronx Legionnaires outbreak contained, pass bill to stop future spread

"Legionella bacteria are ubiquitous in our environment and we will continue to see cases, though I hope we will never again see cases on this scale," she said at the time.

More than 100 people fell ill during the outbreak, which officials confirmed spread from the cooling tower of the Opera House Hotel.

On Aug. 24, one of the patients who spent days in a hospital filed a lawsuit against the hotel citing its negligence and recklessness. 

A spokesman for the hotel previously told reporters its management was disappointed to hear it was the source of the outbreak