It's as easy as pushing a button.
That's how Amazon is re-envisioning grocery shopping. Last year, Amazon launched a service called Dash that allowed customers to scan barcodes or speak to restock their pantry essentials. But now, Dash has become more sophisticated - by becoming simpler.
Amazon announced on Tuesday that now, customers can simply press a button to re-order Tide detergent or Gillette razors. Customers can just stick their buttons in their laundry room or bathroom cabinet and press away whenever supplies are low for home delivery of the items.
1. You can get an order alert on your phone. Have a kid who's trigger-happy? Or maybe you made a mistake? No worries - you can cancel the order or adjust the quantity on your phone on the Amazon Dash app.
2. It's free! Amazon will provide the buttons for free, and says the batteries for the buttons will last for years.
3. It's only available to Prime members. And even if you're a Prime member, you'll need an invitation to join. You can request an invitation on Amazon.
4. There's a limit. Amazon expects to send a maximum of three buttons per user.
5. You can find a list of the products available via Dash here. Customers will be able to restock dog food, coffee, paper towels and more with Dash.