While the Easter dinner meat is an affair not meant to be rushed, doesn’t the side dishes can’t be made quickly. Here is an easy Artichoke and Asparagus Salad. It not only celebrates Easter but also the spring season.
• 2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar
• 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme
• 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and ground black pepper
• 2 cans (14 oz/425 mL each) artichoke hearts, drained
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
1 Bring large pot of water to boil. Set a large bowl of ice water next to the stove.
2 Blanch asparagus in the boiling water for about 4 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Transfer to the ice water to cool and stop the cooking. Drain well.
3 In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, thyme, Dijon mustard, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper. Gently toss the drained asparagus spears and the artichoke hearts in the dressing.
4 Serve sprinkled with the feta cheese.
The associated press
Emily Richards is a professional home economist, cookbook author and a tv celebrity chef. for more, visit emilyrichardscooks.ca.