2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
3 leeks, sliced into rings
1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 tbsp (25 ml) pine nuts
1/2 cup (125 ml) 10% cream
3 tbsp (45 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
2 fresh sage leaves or small bunch of fresh chives, about 3/4 oz (20 g), chopped
1. Heat olive oil in heavy cast-iron or nonstick frying pan (10-12 in./25-30 cm diameter) that can be used safely under broiler (wrap wooden handle with foil).
2. Add leeks and squash to pan and stir well. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until just soft, stirring frequently. Stir in pine nuts.
3. While vegetables are cooking, break eggs into large bowl. Add cream, Parmesan and herbs. Season and mix thoroughly with fork. Stir in cooked vegetables, then tip mixture back into pan.
4. Turn down heat and cook gently 4-5 minutes or until almost set. Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high.
5. Slide pan under broiler and cook frittata 2-3 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Eat hot or warm, cut into wedges.