If the last few weeks of winter have you dreaming of the sun and sand, consider a trip to one of the “hidden beaches” recommended by Concierge.com.
Here are a few of the recommendations:
- Bai Dai Beach, on the Vietnamese island of Phu Quoc. October through March is the best time to go, and La Veranda on Long Beach is Concierge.com’s recommendation for a place to stay.
- Wildcat Beach, Point Reyes National Seashore in California. Here’s the catch: You have to walk a few kilometres to get there. You need a permit to use the Wildcat Campground, so make your plans well in advance.
- Pink Beach on Barbuda, Antigua’s sister island. Concierge.com describes the beach as a “flamingo-hued” sandbar and suggests staying in Coco Point Lodge, which has its own peninsula and private airstrip.
- Cayo Costa State Park, on a barrier island off Florida’s southern Gulf Coast. Reachable only by private boat or a small public ferry that charges $25 US for day visitors. The park has a dozen shelters with bunks (no electricity) and 18 campsites.
- Majahuitas Cove, at the southern end of Banderas Bay, accessible only by boat from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Concierge.com recommends a small hotel, Majahuitas, which offers open-air casitas.