Hydrating treatments to protect your hair from summer sun damage:
1. Bumble and bumble Creme de Coco Shampoo, $22, www.bumbleandbumble.com
Creme de Coco makes for an exotic shower experience thanks to its rich coconut fragrance and the moisturizing qualities of Murumuru butter.
2. Marine Clean Detox Shampoo, $24, www.fekkai.com
The sea may strip away nutrients, but the right marine ingredients can also aid its recovery. Fekkai’s marine botanicals actively detox and replenish hair with a UV shield to prevent future fading.
3. Davines Moisturizing Replenishing shampoo, $21, www.davines.com
We apply after-sun lotion to our skin after a day exposed to harmful UV, but why aren’t we rehydrating our exposed hair? Davines’ formula of fatty acids, olive oil and almond effectively removes chlorine residue and revives weakened hair.
4. Burt’s Bees Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed Shampoo, $8, www.burtsbees.com
It’s a win-win situation for you and the environment with this eco-friendly, antioxidant-packed, sulfate-free shampoo.
5. Kerastase Soleil Huile Celeste, $37, www.kerastase.com
The macadamia-infused oil is designed to protect against harmful UV rays. A word of advice: Don’t get too trigger-happy with this oil-based spray; it can leave hair limp and greasy.
6. Aveda Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser, $21, www.aveda.com
Feeling fruity? You will after drenching yourself in the fragrant scents of neroli and ylang-ylang. This treatment also has Morikue protein, which restores vitality to sun-, sea- and chlorine-damaged hair.