Key Lime Pie
Prep time: 15-30 min.
Cooking: 15 min.
• 1 frozen pie shell
• 1 (300 mL) can sweetened condensed milk
• 4 egg yolks, beaten
• ½ cup (125 mL) fresh lime juice (approx. 6 limes)
• Whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and prepare the pie shell according to package directions for a baked pie shell. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
2. Lower oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
3. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice in a medium bowl until well combined.
4. Pour lime filling into baked pie crust.
5. Place pie on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely at room temperature.
6. Serve with whipped cream.