• 2 tsp (10 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 lb (500 g) cherry tomatoes
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) snipped fresh chives
• 3/4 cup (175 ml) coarsely grated sharp pecorino cheese
• 6 extra large eggs
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) all-purpose flour
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) sour cream
• 1-1/4 cup (300 ml) 2% milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Lightly grease 4 shallow ovenproof dishes, each 5 to 6 in. (13 to 15 cm) in diameter. Divide cherry tomatoes among dishes, spreading them out. Sprinkle with chives and all but 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cheese.
2. Break eggs into bowl and whisk. Slowly whisk in flour until smooth. Add sour cream, then gradually whisk in milk for thin, smooth batter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour batter over tomatoes, dividing evenly between dishes. Sprinkle remaining cheese and an extra grinding of pepper over. Bake until set, puffed and lightly golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Remove clafoutis from oven and leave to cool for few minutes before serving, because tomatoes are very hot inside.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Tomato and Pecorino Clafoutis