Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Two more suspects charged in Brussels bombings

Officials did not say when the suspects were detained.

Damage is seen inside the departure terminal following the March 22, 2016 bombing at Reuters

Belgium haschargedtwomore men with terrorist offenses over alleged links to the rental of a property thought to have been used as a safe house before theBrusselsattacks, federal prosecutors said on Tuesday.

They identified thetwomenchargedon Monday as Smail F., born in 1984, and Ibrahim F., born in 1988 and did not say when they were detained. Under Belgian law,suspectsusually need to appear before an examining judge within 24 hours.

That brought to six the total ofsuspectscaught andchargedsince late last week as a result of investigations since the March 22bombings inBrusselsthat killed 32 people.

RELATED:As ISIS is pushed back in Iraq, worries about what's next

"They arechargedwith participation in the activities of a terrorist group, terrorist murders and attempts to commit terrorist murders, as a perpetrator, co-perpetrator or accomplice," federal prosecutors said of the latesttwoto becharged.

Police raided the suspected safe house in the centralBrusselsdistrict of Etterbeek on Saturday, but found no weapons or explosives.

Belgian newspaper DH said thetwomen had been seen on security camera footage entering the house the day after the attacks and carrying out several bags. Prosecutors were not immediately available for comment on the DH report.

Four othersuspectswere arrested on Friday, including Mohamed Abrini, who investigators say has confessed to depositing a bomb atBrusselsairport, and Osama Krayem, suspected of buying bags used by the bombers.

Abrini is also wanted in connection with November's attacks in Paris that killed 130 people.

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment

Consider AlsoFurther Articles