A woman found a half-smoked blunt in her burger at Wendy's. Credit: Getty
One Wendy's employee found herself in a pickle after dropping her half-smoked blunt into a burger a month ago, reports TMZ. A customer was unpleasantly surprised when she found marijuana inside her cheeseburger and called 911 to complain.
Police went to the fast food joint in Lovejoy, Ga., where employee Amy Seiber, 32, immediately confessed that she had been smoking at work and "misplaced" the blunt inside the burger. Seiber was fired from her job and arrested for possession of marijuana.
The unnamed customer told TMZ she contracted food poisoning after eating the burger and had to go to the hospital. Wendy's has offered to help pay her hospital bills and also gave her a $50 gift certificate, said the woman.
A spokesperson for Wendy's said, "Obviously the employee broke the rules and did not follow proper food handling steps. ... We are deeply sorry that this incident occurred.”