What should Beyonce and Jay-Z name their baby?
Hip hop’s favorite couple has a bun in the oven! Beyonce announced on the black carpet of the VMA’s last night that she is expecting her first child with rapper husband Jay-Z. The couple has been married for three years, but last night was the first time Beyonce sported a baby bump.
We’ve decided to express our congratulations for the couple in the form of baby name suggestions that we really hope they consider.
1. Sasha F. Knowles-Carter. Beyonce’s alter ego is of course “Sasha Fierce” and we know a little girl for the couple would mean one fierce baby! Typically, we’re not fans of hyphenated last names, but in this case, both parents have dropped their last names, so maybe they’ll express their true identities through their offspring.
2. Roc-a-baby. We have Roc-A-Fella records and Rocawear. This baby could be Jay-Z’s biggest brand extension yet.
3. Lil Hov. Come on, it’s a given that this kid is going to end up in the music industry. Might as well start with a sweet rap name right off the bat. This one is a tribute to one of Jay-Z’s many nicknames.
4. BeyoncJay. For obvious reasons.
5. Marvin or Otis. After Marvin Gaye or Otis Redding, two of Jay-Z’s biggest influences. If anyone else had these names, they’d get beat up on the playground, but we think this kid could stand up for himself.
6. Gloria. Maybe Jay-Z would want to honor his mom, who’s appeared on “The Black Album” talking proudly about her son.
7. LeToya or LaTavia. Those are the exiled members of Destiny’s Child, so not only has Beyonce already stolen the limelight from them, but now she could steal their names. That would be cold. Deliciously, deliciously cold.
8. Brooklyn. This one could actually be for realz. In his song “Hello Brooklyn 2.0,” Jay-Z raps, “Brooklyn, if we had a daughter guess what I’m a call her? Brooklyn Carter.” Granted, Jay-Z is having a baby with Beyonce, not Brooklyn. However, the mom-to-be is apparently a big fan of the name, too, since she was pictured sporting a “Brooklyn” tattoo in 2010.
What would you name Beyonce and Jay-Z’s baby?