Survivor Cagayan Recap: Episode 2
After a blindside sent poker player Garrett home at the end of last week’s double episode, “Survivor” proved that beauty can be fleeting, even for some of its most attractive contestants ever.
The Brains were licking their wounds, with the only male left on the tribe, Spencer, holding on to hope that he could will his depleted foursome to spend three days more on the rainy island in the Philippines. All three tribes hunkered down for a monsoon with little strategizing as contestants tried to stay warm.
Meanwhile at the Brawn camp, Tony and Sarah formed #copsrus, an alliance based on two things: the fact that they both work as cops, and that Tony is just good enough at lying to dupe Sarah into following his lead.
As the immunity challenge approached, Spencer, along with tribe mates Tasha, Kass and J’Tia practiced, comically, to prepare for an immunity challenge involving the transfer of water from bucket to bucket. When the challenge arrived, to no one’s surprise, the Brawns, led by former NBA All-Star Cliff Robinson, dominated.
The beauticians looked poised to send the Brains to a third straight tribal council, but an unexpected comeback on the puzzle portion of the challenge turned the Brains from perhaps one of the most laughable tribes in Survivor history into a viable one. This sent Beauty home without a tarp, and with a date at tribal council.
Brice spent most of Jeff’s therapy session prior to the vote proving he had no idea how to play Survivor, and the rest of the gorgeous group looked unsure of who they would vote for. And after the host called for the vote, the tally proved it — a three-way tie with Brice, Morgan and Alexis getting two votes apiece.
A revote sent Brice packing, and the rest of the tribe back to the beach with Morgan needing to realign after her biggest ally departed.
There were a bevy of power moves in Episode 2, but undoubtedly Newark cop Tony finished Day 9 on top.
Survivor Power Rankings, Week 3
- Tony: He created a phony alliance with Sarah (and a hashtag, #copsrus) and hid the clue for an immunity idol he already has. Not bad for a blabbermouth from Jersey.
- Tasha: She organized the practice session for the immunity challenge. And somehow it paid off. She also was the key player in the blindside of Garrett a week ago.
- L.J.: On nothing but an inkling, the beautician trudged through the rocky ocean landscape to find an immunity idol. Negative points for Morgan for not covering her tracks better.
- Spencer: He didn’t really do much, but he did stick around. His presence on Brains as the only man means he is next up on the chopping block.
- Jeremiah: Jeremiah seemed to come into his own towards the end of the episode, knowing he yielded power in the Beauty tribe but keeping a low profile.
- Cliff: The former NBA star, all 6-foot-10 of him, is simultaneously dominating challenges and one of the most liked players socially. A curse down the line perhaps, but for now, he’s No. 6.
Follow Metro Philadelphia sports editor Evan Macy on twitter @Evan_Macy.