Who is Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson’s new fiancé?
Ashlee Simpson is engaged to her boyfriend of six months, Evan Ross.
“My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!!” Simpson, 29, wrote on Monday night on Twitter and posted this soft-focused photo. “Hallelujah Hawaii!!!” Ross posted the same photo with this message, ”The love of my life said YES!!!!!!”
So, what do we know about Evan Ross, besides the fact he’s totally cool with posing for selfies that look pulled from the cover of a Harlequin novel? Here’s what we could dig up:
1. He was born with a different last name. Ross’s real name is Evan Olav Næss. He is the biological son of Diana Ross and Arne Naess, a Norwegian shipping magnate, who died in 2004 in a climbing accident in South Africa. Næss and Ross were married in 1985 and split in 1999. They had two children together, Evan and his brother, Ross Arne Næss (who, for obvious reasons, didn’t take Ross’s last name).
2. Early ambition. Ross decided he wanted to be an actor at a young age. He made his movie debut in 2006’s “ATL,” at the age of 17. He has also appeared in “Jeff Who Lives at Home,” the TV series “90210″ and the TLC TV movie “Crazy Sexy Cool.”
3. His big break. Ross has been cast as Messalla in “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1,” the next installment of the insanely popular franchise. Messalla is part of the TV crew that follows Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and documents Panem’s rebellion. Messalla works for Cressida, a TV director who will be played by Natalie Dormer from “Game of Thrones.”
4. A ladies man. Ross has been linked to Aubrey O’Day, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and Hayden Panettiere in the past. Ross’s friends come from pretty famous legacies as well. He counts Riley Keough, the eldest grandchild of Elvis Presley, and Austin Brown, a nephew of Michael Jackson, as pals.
5. A mama’s boy. In an interview with People magazine in 2006, Ross told People that his mother was always there for him growing up. Although she often left for concert dates, she made it a point to “fly back in the morning to make us breakfast.” And when he got lonely during a vacation? “She came from London on a helicopter to pick me up,” he said. “She always promised she’d be there for me.”