How is this video of Vin Diesel dancing so amazing?
Here is a video of Vin Diesel dancing alone in his house to Katy Perry and Beyonce. You should watch the whole thing, but I can’t really say why. You just should. It’s like the first time you see a sunset or hear your baby cry. This video will complete you.
A partial list of reasons why it’s so great:
1. Though he’s in a nearly empty room, the “Fast and Furious” star spends most of the first half of the video hunched over with his face shoved right up in the camera, like he’s your grandparents trying to Skype you.
2. Though he gives the dancing his all, he also seems faintly embarrassed. Several times he grabs his crotch, only to have his hand sort of sheepishly drift away.
3. An explanation for the dance fest doesn’t arrive until three minutes in: “‘Riddick’ is No. 1 on the DVD charts.”
4. Though you might assume this was a spur-of-the-moment, possibly drunken decision, you would be wrong. For one thing, it’s actually been edited together in several places. For another, it takes place in broad daylight.
5. The way he mimes “surfboard” suggests he’s never seen one, and possibly thinks it is a penguin.