What do you need for a day at the beach?
Ready to hit the beach this weekend? Don’t forget these summer essentials!
1. Your local beach isn’t outfitted with cabana boys to bring you lounge chairs. If you must lay on the sand, do it on these chic towels. Roberta Roller Rabbit beach towels, $125, www.robertarollerrabbit.com
2. Untangle your hair after the sun and saltwater have had their way with it using RickyCare Sun combs, which are infused with sunscreen and olive oil to protect your locks. $6, www.rickysnyc.com
3. Philip Kingsley’s Swimcap protects hair from chlorine, sun and saltwater. It also stops your highlights from fading or turning that awful acid green color. $35, www.philipkingsley.com
4. Lips need sun protection, too. L’Occitane’s new, limited-edition Sun Verbena conditioning gloss contains SPF 15. Sun Verbena Protective Gloss SPF 15, $12, www.loccitane.com
5. Sure, you’re going all natural — but there are surfers to impress! And this adorable waterproof mascara comes in its own beach outfit. Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! 4-in-1 natural waterproof mascara, $19, www.sephora.com
6. You want to wipe the sweat and grime off your face before reapplying a coat of sunscreen. These towelettes also contain aloe vera to soothe skin. Yes to Cucumbers towelettes, $3, www.yestocarrots.com
7. Sometimes sunblock isn’t enough, and you just want to hide under a big hat and nap. Hat Attack sun hat in natural with raspberry, $58, www.hatattack.com