DeAngelo Williams stay put
Well, most of the big names in free agency are now off the board. For the life of me, I can’t figure out what the Panthers are doing. DeAngelo Williams is already 28, has proven to be injury prone and they have a legit BEAST in Jonathan Stewart ready to go as the feature back. Oh, and they also have holes all over the field that they could have used $43 million on.
Regardless, today’s fantasy fallout so far:
* Williams and Stewart are headed for a pretty even timeshare once again. Williams will be the “starter,” but both will get around 15 touches a game. I’ll probably end up just passing on both.
* Santonio Holmes is back with the Jets. He’s a big-time talent and if Mark Sanchez can take just a little step forward, Holmes could really bust out. He’ll benefit from the likely departure of Braylon Edwards.
* Matt Hasselbeck was signed to be the Titans’ starter and mentor to Jake Locker. I really like this one. Hasselbeck can still keep defenses honest. Upgrade Chris Johnson (possibly No. 1 overall fantasy pick now), in addition to Kenny Britt and Jared Cook.
* Donovan McNabb is going to the Vikings. The problem is that I’m not sure he’s any better than Christian Ponder. I’m not adjusting any Viking values, except for maybe a slight boost for Adrian Peterson. The one thing McNabb does have is a strong arm that defenses must respect.
* Bruce Gradkowski will likely end up starting for the Bengals ahead of Andy Dalton. I’m not touching the likes of A.J. Green, CedBenson, Jerome Simpson etc.
* GUESSES on landing spots for guys still out there: Kevin Kolb traded to ARZ, Ahmad Bradshaw back with NYG, Randy Moss to Jets, Braylon Edwards to Skins, Sidney Rice back with Vikings.