The funniest ‘Elf on the Shelf’ ideas ever
If you’re hard up for enough “Elf on the Shelf” ideas to keep your kids entertained until Christmas, Metro has you covered.
LivingWithLandyn blogger Landyn Hutchinson is posting new ideas throughout the season, all tested on her own two kids. Proud of one of your own ideas? Tweet or Instagram them to @metronewyork and you might see them in the paper. The first photo included here comes from reader and dad of two, Dan Dykhouse!
1. Reader photo: “My wife said it’s my turn 2 come up w/ an idea for ‘Buzz the Elf’…so it’s poker night!” @dandykhouse tweeted.
2.”Elfies!” “My kids got the biggest kick out of this one, not to mention the 10+ ‘elfies’ they took while the kids were sleeping,” Hutchinson says.
3. Hutchinson constructed this easy setup using brown sugar and washcloths. The glitter glasses and little umbrella can be bought at Michael’s.
4. TP-ing the living room while the kids are sleeping is just as much fun as the pranks you pulled in high school. And now you can’t get grounded for it.
5. Hey, elves are from the North Pole — no wonder they like ice fishing! Construct the fishing rod using a skewer and kitchen string, poking a small hole through a Swedish fish to secure it on the rod. Stick the fish in a ramekin full of water and freeze overnight.
6. Arm your Elf with cottonballs for a snowball fight!
Tweet @metronewyork your “Elf on the Shelf” fun.
Follow Emily on Twitter: EmLaurence