Recipe: Grilled peach sandwich
We have a few weeks left before we bid farewell to summer and the
bountiful supply of juicy, fresh peaches found at our local markets
during this season. Forget just topping your ice cream with them; we say
savor this summer staple with Num Pang Sandwich Shop’s Guiness-glazed
Num Pang’s Grilled Peach Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches
6 tree-ripened summer peaches
2 semolina flour baguettes
1 can Guinness stout
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 bunch chives
1 white onion
4 cloves garlic
1 knob ginger
8-10 slices bacon
sugar to taste
apple vinegar to taste
salt and ground pepper to taste
1. First, cut the peaches in half, remove pits and leave skin on. Set aside.
2. For the Guinness glaze: In a sauce pan, combine Guinness, maple syrup, soy sauce, onion, ginger, garlic, salt, sugar, black pepper. Bring to boil and set on low-medium fire. Bring sauce to lightly thicken.
3. Pan fry bacon until it’s brown and crisp. Pat dry with paper towel, set aside.
4. In frying pan, heat oil and combine chives and jalapeños, salt, sugar, black pepper. Lightly sauté to tender. Set aside.
5. Light grill and set oven to 350 degree. Lightly cover peaches with oil, grill peaches to mark. Once marked, put peaches on sheet tray, roasted peaches for 10 minutes in oven at 350 degrees.
6.Toast baguettes. Place chili mayo on both side of toasted baguette. Place cucumber, cilantro, pickle carrots on the top part of bread. Place peaches, bacon, sautéed chives and jalapeños on bottom end of bread.