Sweet treats for Valentine’s Day
1. This box of pralines by Armani Dolci includes two special Valentine’s Day bonbons, filled with a soft passion fruit cream filling and topped with a red heart. $35, http://armanidolci.com
2. Julia Baker’s Gooey Chocolate Bars are filled with French caramel and topped with a dash of sea salt. Try buying her a Hershey’s after this.
3. Coffee the morning after has never been so special. Angel Wings by Chambre de Sucre, $26 for 22 pieces, www.deandeluca.com/
4. Vegan Divas replace animal products with healthier ingredients, such as maple syrup and cold-pressed coconut oil. Your meat-free date will love their bite-size doughnuts with red velvet icing. $4.50 each or box of 12 for 52, www.vegandivasnyc.com
5. In 2009, Andrey Terry left his finances job to bake cookies — and boy, are we glad he did. His concoctions are soft and sweet, with just the tiniest hint of salt. Consider us wooed.
6. Your single friend will get a chuckle and some yummy treats. Sugarfina Anti-Valentine’s Gift set includes “Plenty of Fish in the Sea” (Swedish fish) “Men are Pigs” (gummy piglets) and “Stop Kissing Frogs” (apple frogs), $16, www.sugarfina.com
7. Cheese and chocolate?! This is what love’s about. Murry’s teamed up with artisinal chocoliteries Mast Brothers to create Love at Mast, a decadent Vermont triple crème layered with shavings of chocolate. $12, www.murrayscheese.com
8. Vermouth is more than just for martinis, especially when it’s the Atsby New York brand. The small-batch vermouth is made from North Fork Chardonnay, apple brandy from the Finger Lakes, as well as roots, spices, herbs, flowers, seeds and pods from the world over. The two different flavors, Amberthorn and Armadillo Cake, can be sipped chilled like a fine wine, on ice, as well as mixed into cocktails. $37, www.atsbyvermouth.com
9. What happens when Brooklyn’s Parker Red (the catering arm of Ted & Honey Cafe) teams up with with florist and interior designer Franki Elizabeth? All of your Valentine’s needs are met. The Bouquets & Bites pop-up shop (1 Sheridan Sq.) will feature Parker Red sweets like brownie bites, chocolate-covered strawberries and red velvet cupcakes, plus red and pink hand-tied bouquets.