Pretty in Prints: Wallpaper
It seems like every year or so there’s a design story proclaiming the return of wallpaper. The truth is, we don’t think wallpaper was ever not in style. Thanks to a recent marathon of PBS’s amazing Masterpiece series “Sherlock,” we were reminded of just how cool and cozy a space can look covered in, say, pretty damask prints. In this modern reimagining, Sherlock Holmes’ London flat looks like the kind of place we want to host brunch parties and salon-style discussions with our besties — despite the bullet holes in his walls. The vibe is thanks to his wallpaper, Zoffany’s Navarre Flock. (Oh yeah — we tracked it down.) Get inspired with these timeless papers.
1. Graham & Brown Spellbound Mermaids, $125 per roll, www.grahambrown.com
2. Farrow & Ball Tessella BP 3604, $255 per roll, www.farrow-ball.com
5. Grow House Grow Cottontail in tapioca, $180 per roll, www.growhousegrow.com
6. Urban Outfitters Peony, $79 per roll, www.urbanoutfitters.com
7. Ferm Living Wilderness in gold, $110 per roll, www.fermlivingshop.com
8. Flat Vernacular Peaks and Valleys — Afternoon, $175 per roll, www.flatvernacular.com