Pratt Institute fire caused by electrical wires
Electrical wires were the cause of a massive four-alarm fire that ravaged part of a Pratt Institute building last Friday, fire officials said.
The fire department announced via Twitter on Tuesday afternoon that the cause of the fire was “accidental electrical, wiring on the 6th floor.”
The fire broke out early on the morning of Feb. 15 on the top floor of Pratt’s main building at 200 Willoughby Avenue in Brooklyn.
Three firefighters and one other unidentified person had minor injuries. The fire burned through a number of studios at the art, design and architecture school, destroying many students’ artwork.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within a couple hours. The cause of the fire was initially deemed suspicious.