Seventh fire reported at Temple’s $200 million Morgan Hall
A seventh fire was reported at Temple University’s new residence hall, a spokeswoman for the college said.
The seventh fire in less than two months sparked Thursday at the $216 million, 27-floor Morgan Hall rising on North Broad Street.
The fire started in the east-side garage level, Temple officials said. Officials said the first five fires, which occurred on the 11th, 12th and 16th floors, were arson.
The last six fire caused upward of $100,000 in property damages in early February. This latest fire has not yet been confirmed as arson.
No suspects are in custody at this time.
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has received responses for its offer of a $15,000 reward for information that will lead to the capture of those responsible for the original five fires.
There are more than 200 employees at the site daily.
The ATF has learned information pertaining to the five arson fires, and investigators are following up on those leads. In the meantime, the reward is still available.
The last seven:
Feb. 11 & 12: Five fires were set on the 11th, 12th and 16th floors in a span of two days.
March 5: The fire started inside a trash container on the 14th floor.
March 28: The fire started in the east-side garage level.