Anthony Weiner says more photos could surface
Former congressman and potential mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner said in a TV interview on Wednesday that it’s possible more photos could surface from the 2011 sexting scandal that ended with his resignation.
“If reporters want to try to find more, I can’t say they’re not going to be able to find another picture, another person who may want to come out on their own,” Weiner told RNN-TV. “But I’m not going to contribute to that. The basics of the story are not going to change.”
Weiner, who recently returned to the public light when he said in a New York Times Magazine interview he was considering a run for mayor, also could not give a definitive answer when ABC News asked him on Wednesday how many women were involved in the scandal. He had previously said it was six.
The former congressman still has not announced whether he is running for mayor or not. He returned to Twitter earlier this week, and has appeared in a number of TV interviews. A NBC News/Marist Poll last week revealed that he would trail only City Council Speaker Christine Quinn in the race if he ran.
Weiner resigned in June 2011 after he exchanged lewd photos with multiple women online and then lied about it.